And his third word is...
Ball!
No surprise, really, considering that Martin has been obsessed with balls for months now. He's actually been saying ball for a few weeks, but I've been a lazy blogger and didn't tell you about it. Ball actually comes out more like "buh", but you definitely know what he's trying to say. Sometimes he says it just once, and sometimes it's a two syllable "buh buh", especially when he's playing with a football or basketball. Either way, Martin is totally into all kinds of balls and can now say three things - dada, mama, and ball.
No surprise, really, considering that Martin has been obsessed with balls for months now. He's actually been saying ball for a few weeks, but I've been a lazy blogger and didn't tell you about it. Ball actually comes out more like "buh", but you definitely know what he's trying to say. Sometimes he says it just once, and sometimes it's a two syllable "buh buh", especially when he's playing with a football or basketball. Either way, Martin is totally into all kinds of balls and can now say three things - dada, mama, and ball.
Obscene chubbiness.
Martin has grown bored with crawling and has started tricking things up a little. His newest move has been christened The Pony Prance. He crawls along at full speed and gets bouncing a little bit, just like a prancing pony. The best part is his head - he bobs it back and forth along with each prance. It's very funny. I tried to capture it on video, but it didn't really work. I'll keep trying. What I did get is a fair representation of what Martin spends a good part of his day doing, and why the keyless entry for my car no longer works.
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing
Martin has also started doing another move, named the Twist and Shout by Zach's mama. This move is done while sitting. I'll let the video show you what the Twist and Shout is all about. Normally it's done with a little more enthusiasm than you see here, but that's because the person watching him is usually oversome with the urge to twist along. Since I couldn't twist and hold the camera, you get this mellow twist. Enjoy.
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing
Here's a shot of Martin mid-twist during a particularly exuberant twist and shout.
I'm out of control!Martin's girl, Gabby, is coming to town later this week. Expect some crazy toddler shenanigans!

3 Comments:
Martin,
I'm comin! And I'm bringing my shenanigans! Be prepared!
Gabby
Martin- You'd better not twist and shout too much or you'll twist and shout off all those adorable chubbles!
Jen
pony prance encore!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home