Pictures to Prove It
It seemed that as soon as the old Compoots was back in business (thanks, Dad!), Martin got sick. A miserable trip to the doctor complete with a probe up the nose confirmed that Martin had the flu, and we’ve been recovering ever since. We also were lucky enough to have Grandma Roach here for a week, so our blogging chances have been limited. This blogging thing is tough – if I let it go too long I dig myself into a very deep hole full of all kinds of updates I wish I had made. I end up giving Martin’s faithful fans a broad summary of all he’s been up to. But once I do that giant update and get back on track, the fans are once again treated to more timely updates and things like his new ability to gurgle mashed potatoes no longer get lost in the shuffle. Enough of my sob story – let the updating begin!
Last time I wrote, I gave you a quick rundown of Martin’s highlights of the past month. Here are some pictures to prove I wasn’t making it all up.
Christmas in Baton Rouge. Is this really for me?
In Roach and now D'Andrea family tradition, Martin and Vo sing happy birthday to Jesus Christmas morning. Martin had his very own mini-coffee cake, complete with a birthday candle.
On to Sugar Land, where Grandpa reads "The Night Before Christmas" to a new generation of Roaches.
Aunt Julie helps Martin work off some post-Christmas steam. Where the heck are your pants, Martin?
Martin crawls! He seems to get speedier every day.
Martin on his way to find some more trouble, probably the dog's food bowl. I can't say how many pebbles he's ingested so far, but he hasn't started panting and scratching at fleas yet, so I guess that's good.
Martin's golden locks before his very first haircut.
Martin's golden locks, and brownish eyes, after his very first haircut.
So that just about brings us up to date. If you'd like to see a few more pictures, click here to check out an album I threw together. I hope to be a better blogger going forward now that I've gotten past this hurdle.
One last thing. Martin would like to give a shout out to one of the members of his posse. G. Rose (Ms. Gabriella Rose Cohen) is now 1 year old. Happy birthday, G!

3 Comments:
Thanks Martin! It's fun being one, I just wish you could have been here here to celebrate it with me!
I'm so glad to hear you're doing better now after your bout with the flu.
Love,
Gabby
PS - I'm very jealous of the scantily clad holiday outfits...I miss my summer clothes!
Arthur's tail is sweet. Super sweet.
- jess
I wish he would have let me leave it, but he said the judge would have fired him on the spot. I said it was a bona fide case of judicial activism, but Arthur insisted I shave the tail.
Jesse, maybe you should suggest a new version of Let's Get Sweet? A tail could be the new 'stache.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home