Martin, Winnie, and Libby - The D'Andrea Pack

The D'Andrea family grew by leaps and bounds on February 23, 2005 when Martin Edgar was born. We grew again on June 20, 2007 with the arrival of Winston Raphael. And now we've got a softer side with the introduction of Elizabeth Wren on April 26, 2009. Enjoy our adventures!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

California Dreamin'

It's the ocean, and it's bigger than Texas!

We're posting from out here in sunny California, where Martin and I have been for a week now. We've been visiting Grandma and Grandpa in LA since Wednesday. Last Friday, I left Martin with Grandma and Grandpa for his very first weekend alone without Dad or me. I was a little worried and sad about leaving him for a whole 3 days until Grandpa came home and told us all about Martin's itinerary for the weekend. Friday night would start with Puree Hour down at the beach, then Saturday would start with a surfing lesson in the morning, yoga on the beach in the afternoon, and finish with plastic surgery to turn his tummy chubs into a six pack. On Sunday, Grandpa had arranged for Martin to attend a lecture on the benefits of tofu, in the hopes of really turning him into a California baby. Assured that Martin would be well entertained and that he would wear a Longhorns outfit on Saturday (here in the heart of Trojan country, no less. Take that, Matt Leinart!), I hopped a plane for San Francisco to meet up with Dad for a long baby-free weekend. Aah!

While Mom and Dad had a great time in San Francisco and Napa, Martin had a total blast here with Grandma and Grandpa. Check out some of the fun stuff they did.


Grandma and Martin horse around.


Grandpa reads Martin his bedtime stories.


Grandpa and Martin down on the beach on a sunny day.

Grandpa pushes Martin on the swings. What a perfect day!
Grandma and Martin shimmy down the slide at the local Tot Lot.
Martin shows off his new standing skillz on a tot-sized tree at the Tot Lot. Hook 'em Horns! Thanks for the new outfit, Aunt Lissa!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay...a California update. I thought we'd have to wait until the return to TX for an update. Those standing skills are impressive...better start the babyproofing!

8:07 AM  
Blogger ZParents said...

I love it I love it I love it!!!! He looks like he enjoyed the vakay as much as mom and dad did! My favorite is the last one, where he is standing with the wind blowing through his blond locks...

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home