I'm One!
Yesterday was my very first birthday, and boy, was it a doozy. It turns out that when you turn one, you get to do a whole lot of new things, most of which are pretty cool. My birthday started with a trip to see Dr. Cardwell for my 12 month, I mean, ONE YEAR, checkup. She's very nice, but I didn't like being kept waiting so long, especially when it started cutting into my morning nap. I was starting to get a little cranky when I tripped on my mom's foot while crawling and did a nice faceplant on the floor. It hurt and I was angry. Then, the nurse came in and jabbed me with four, count 'em, four needles. I was double pissed. Then Dr. Cardwell came back to check out something on my booty and that made me triple pissed! Fortunately, a little napperoo got me back on track and my birthday got a million times better after that. Here's a photo album of what I did on my birthday.
I got to eat an entire egg, even the whites! Mom made me cheesey scramblers and I loved them. The fluffiness of the scrambled eggs was much more fun to fling at the wall, too.
I get to ride facing forward in the car now. Here I am calling my peeps, telling them all about the good view. Now, if I could just figure out a way to reach forward far enough to change the station on the radio. Enough public radio, Mom. It's boring!
I got to go to Burger King with my best friend, Zach. Our lame moms wouldn't let us play on the playground, but we sure had fun watching the big kids run around. We also stuffed ourselves full of french fries, chicken fingers, and soda lids.
I got to try peanut butter for the first time, although I didn't really get what all the hype was about.
I got to use a spoon and a fork! They made spreading my dinner all over my tray so easy. I also enjoyed dropping them again and again and again. The clatter they made as they hit the ground was so satisfying, as was the sight of Mom and Dad fetching them each time.
...but once I dug in, there was no stopping me. I ate and ate and ate and ate! And then I barfed. All over Elizabeth. Sorry, old friend.Here I am enjoying my sugar high, commanding my minions to bring me more cake. Sorry about the sideways view, but Dad took the video and he didn't realize he had to keep the camera horizontal. Rookie mistake, Dad.
So that pretty much sums up my first birthday. All in all, it was a great day once we got the doctor's visit out of the way. Tomorrow is my birthday party, so that should be fun. Thanks for reading my blog this year!
And now, a quick note from Martin's mom. I've been thinking a lot about where we were just a year ago, and thanks to the magic of digital photography, you can SEE where we were a year ago. Enjoy!






5 Comments:
What an adorable little man. I can't believe he's my grandson! Have a terrific party, Martin. We miss you and love you so much! Love, Grandma
happy happy birthday martin!
Happy Birthday Martin! We had a great time at your bday party! Yummy steak, yummy cake!
We are so happy to be a part of your life and to get to see you grow into the big boy you are now!
Love, Jen and Louis and Luke
So much fun!!! Happy b-day Martin!
Erin...for a quick sec I thought you were 9 months preggo again, and just forgot to tell us. ;)
Oh, you would know if I were pregnant again. I'm not quite there yet...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home