Martin, Winnie, and Libby - The D'Andrea Pack

The D'Andrea family grew by leaps and bounds on February 23, 2005 when Martin Edgar was born. We grew again on June 20, 2007 with the arrival of Winston Raphael. And now we've got a softer side with the introduction of Elizabeth Wren on April 26, 2009. Enjoy our adventures!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ready, set, go!

After a long day in the salt mines...

Those of you paying very close attention know that Martin snuck up on his 15 month birthday last week. Since he still wasn't walking, we decided to send him off to Camp Zach for a week. Camp Zach features a rigorous curriculum of walking, knocking on doors, learning to love children's music, and, most importantly, not napping. At the end of each day, I would pick Martin up and receive a full report of all the day's antics. Meredith, Martin's counselor, told me that each day he was walking a little more, but I was skeptical, since all I would see of him was the last hour of the day and it wasn't pretty. Let's just say that Martin was a tad annoyed that I was ditching him each day, even though I was doing my civic duty and even if Dad was leaving him with his best friend and his mom.

Anywho, come Saturday, Arthur, Martin, and I finally had a chance for our long-awaited family reunion. We were shocked to see that Martin is not just a walker, he's a WALKER! Check out this video for proof of his mad toddler skillz.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


Arthur, Martin, and I would like to give a gigantic thank you to Zach and Meredith for bending over backwards to watch Martin while I served on a jury for a whole week. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't thank you enough. Good friends are the best!

More updates to come soon. Heck, Martin's been to three foreign countries since I last posted!

Toddlers over and out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that boy can pick 'em up and put 'em down.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at him go. I can't believe the progress he made at Camp Zach! I can't wait to see him walk in person.

Aunt Lissa

12:10 PM  
Blogger j.w.cohen said...

Hot diggitty! That's a walker if I ever seen one! You go boy! Dang!

2:03 PM  
Blogger The Stovalls said...

Cogratulations to all. Martin for learning how to walk so well. Mere and Zach for helping to fine tune his walking skills. And to Martin's mom for doing her civic duty. I might have pulled the "primary care giver" card!!! I know. I know. I'm probably going to get an earful from all of these attorneys!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Look at him go!!!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Svoboda Family said...

Great job Martin! Keep in mind the helpful hints you learned from Zach so you can help Luke to walk soon.

Jen

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home