Martin, Winnie, and Libby - The D'Andrea Pack

The D'Andrea family grew by leaps and bounds on February 23, 2005 when Martin Edgar was born. We grew again on June 20, 2007 with the arrival of Winston Raphael. And now we've got a softer side with the introduction of Elizabeth Wren on April 26, 2009. Enjoy our adventures!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Martin and Mommy, April 2007
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

Today is already my third Mother's Day, and Martin gave me the best present I could ever imagine receiving. After playing together all morning, I decided to take a well-deserved Mother's Day nap. I asked Martin if he wanted to put me to bed, and he agreed, so together we headed into my room. I climbed into bed while Martin stood at the edge, watching me get comfy. Then I asked, "Will you sing me some songs?", which is our usual bedtime routine with him. He immediately started singing an old campfire favorite called "White Coral Bells" that I always lead with. He needed just a little help with the words, but he sang the whole thing from start to finish. He looked at me for another song suggestion, and I asked for "I'm a Little Teapot." I received a rousing rendition of that tune, complete with hand motions and a screeching TWEET when he got steamed up. After he was finished, he said "Last one," just the way I do. For my final song, I requested "You Are My Sunshine," one of my favorite songs to sing to him. Just as sweetly as he could, he sang "You are my sunSHOINE, you make me HAPPY. When clouds are GRAY. You'll never know, DEAR, how much I yuv you, please don't take my sun SHOINE away." I swear, it made me cry to hear him sing. When he was finished, he told me he loved me and blew me kisses as he walked out of the room and shut the door. I took a nap and enjoyed happy dreams of my lovely little boy. It was the greatest.

Duece, I hope you've been listening because your big brother has a lot to teach you.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! May you all be the sunshoines in your children's lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger Basia said...

That was SO SWEET!!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger ZParents said...

Where's the video when your faithful followers need it?! Want to see Martin SING!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

basia +1

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home