The End of an Era
After nearly 21 months of spending each and every day together, last Monday Martin and I parted ways for the first time. I have taken a part time job back at Whole Foods, and Martin has taken up part time residence at at happy little place called Treetops Learning Center. For three days a week, but only till 3pm, Martin heads off to school to play and frolic with four other little boys and girls his age, while I play and frolic with several boys and girls my age. I thought the whole transition would be much more traumatic than it turned out to be, but Martin really seems happy with Ms. Iris and his new friends, and I am relishing the opportunity to focus on something for more than 5 seconds without being inturrupted. Our first week was almost a total success, until I got a call from Ms. Iris Thursday afternoon that Martin was running a fever and needed to be picked up. That's right - after just three days of day care, Martin came down with his first funk. It's to be expected, but it still made for a very unhappy boy.
Other less traumatic things have happened here too! We spent a fun weekend in Sugar Land with Aunt Sissy and Uncle Darth and their new, fabulous HDTV. Football never looked so good! Ah, to be young with expendable income...
Aunt Sissy and Martin at the bottom of the Twirly Slide of Death.
Martin has finally found a swing that he likes - the lounge swing!Martin dressed up in a very snappy Chinese outfit to go to the Pumpkin Harvest Festival at a nearby school. He got to go through a haybale maze and paint a pumpkin. He loved it! I didn't really make much of a fuss about Halloween this year, figuring there are many "magical" Halloweens to come. Martin did accidentally trick or treat at one neighbor's house and got a Tootsie Roll for his efforts, which he relished for a full 20 sticky minutes.
Martin Matisse et citrouille
Holy cow, this thing is good! What time is it? 6:55? I'm NEVER going to bed!!!!Dad and his buddies set a pumpkin on fire! I didn't actually see the fiery inferno, which I am told was more of a smoulder than the actual blazing fiesta they hoped it would be, but the pictures looked pretty cool.
The great pumpkin, after a few beers and some lighter fluid.A dream was realized. After months and months of attempting to help me vac-a-boom, Martin finally has the strength to push and pull our ancient Dirt Devil around the bare floor. He was in heaven as he sucked up dog fir and smushed noodles.
Me strong like bull. Me clean your floors.


3 Comments:
Sorry you got sick Martin, but at least you got some fun with your funk.
When you are done vacabooming your house can you come do mine, please?
Jen
Congrats on the first successful week of the new routine! Hope Martin's all better soon. Gabby wants to play!
Erin, I just got rid of the same vacuum. It finally busted. I got a bagless Bissell and I love it. How sad is that. Glad to see Martin is adjusting to daycare. Dylan starts in a little over a month....
Caitlin
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home