As usual, I am going to post a big message catching up on all we've been up to lately, since I just can't seem to do little mini-posts on a regular basis. Here we go...
Winnie turned 4 months old on October 20 and went to the doctor for his four month checkup on 10/23 because I am already confusing my sons' birthdays (Martin was born on Feb. 23 and Win was born on June 20). On 10/23, Win weighed 15 lb 3 oz, was 24 1/4" long, and had a robust 43 cm head circumference. He's at the 50th percentile for weight, 25th for height, and between the 50-75th for head size. I think he's just about the same size Martin was, but I can't remember and I have been terrible about documenting that type of thing. Win is nearly rolling over from back to front, but doesn't seem to care about going the other way. Seeing as how it took Martin nearly 10 months to roll over, I'm not too concerned, especially when I see how mobile Martin is these days! We go back at 6 months for more poking and prodding.
We celebrated Halloween. We started by going to a fabulous Halloween party at the Cohen's house. Martin dressed up as Lance Armstrong, a costume I threw together at the last minute by going through the closet and garage, looking for dress-up wear. He seemed to have fun, but still didn't completely understand the whole costume thing. On Halloween night, Martin got to go trick or treating for the first time with Dad. They went up and down the street and came back with quite a haul. In what will probably come as a major disappointment to Anne Geddes fans everywhere, I did not force Winnie to wear an adorable costume or dress up like a head of lettuce. In a nod to the latest holiday to be over commercialized, Win did don an orange top.
Martin wears his school (diaper change friendly) costume and tries out a lawnmower at Lowe's on Halloween.
Be honest - does this shirt make me look fat?
Martin as Lance Armstrong, complete with yellow Livestrong bracelet and tight outfit. Not surprisingly since we live in Austin, most people recognized his costume. Success! Here he is, off to trick or treat for the very first time.
No doping scandals or celebrity girlfriends here, just good times and lots of sugar. Martin shows off his loot after a trip up and down the street.







2 Comments:
Dear D'Andrea family,
Stop showing us up and posting so much on your blog. To catch up on the goings on of the Svoboda family in 2006 check out our blog.
- Louis
I love it. Better than Perez Hilton for entertainment.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home