My Sweet, Sensitive Boy
Martin has always been a very sensitive boy. Whether it comes from his close relationship with Elizabeth or his father's kind genes, Martin picks up on feelings and is very in tune with his own. For example, a few months ago Martin started "taking my temperature", as Zach's mom put it, by asking me, from time to time, if I was happy. Most of the time, he'll ask me after he's done something particularly naughty that he knows has angered me. Often, though, he's sensitive enough to pick up on the fact that I'm in a bad mood for whatever reason, and he'll ask "Mommy, are you happy?" It's very sweet and it always helps to put things in perspective.
Martin is also sensitive in other ways. Tonight, for example, I started singing "On Top of Spaghetti", the old classic song about the meatball that goes missing after a catastrophic sneeze. As I sang it, his little lips puckered and his eyes teared up. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I finished the song. When I was all done, he looked up at me and said "That's a sad song!" as he burst into tears. Poor boy! It makes me fear for the days to come when truly upsetting things will happen to him. I wish I could protect him from everything sad and unhappy that is bound to cross his path, but I know he will shed his fair share of tears. Fortunately, there should also be more than enough giggles to make the journey a happy one. What a wonderful little boy Martin is.
And in case you were wondering, Win has nerves of steel. He's heartless, I tell you!

1 Comments:
What a cute story. Aden is a bit sensitive too. Sweet boys. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home