Jail Break
Today was a big day for Martin and Mom. On the to-do list was an ambitious goal - walk two and a half blocks to the mailbox. Would it be possible? Could we make it through the myriad of tasks required to be completed before we could leave the house? A changing, a feeding, another changing, breakfast for Mom, clothes for Mom, new clothes for Martin, another changing, another feeding, and a nap? All of that was on the list. Actually, none of it was on the list, but that is what I am learning is part of being a parent. Thank goodness for Grandma, who has been an incredible help taking care of everything else. As the items were checked off, it started looking like the trip to the mailbox might end up a reality. At 3:00, with Martin napping happily, I got out the Baby Bjorn and loaded him into it with Grandma's help. One last check of the straps and buckles and it was time to go. With letters in hand, the three of us set out on our journey. It was a gorgeous day, and we couldn't help thinking of all our friends and family up north suffering through a Noreaster while we shuffled down the street in flipflops. The walk was delightful and we made it to the mailbox, dropped off the mail, picked up the mail, and made it back home. What an adventure! Tomorrow's job - a bath. Check out photos from today's adventure here.
I have to report that Martin is officially smart as a whip. He's learned to drink himself to happiness instead of fussing and fighting feedings until he descends into the second level of frustration. Without getting into too many details, he's also been able to break a bad feeding habit and learn a whole new way to eat in just a day. What brilliance! Can you tell I'm enthralled with this little baby boy?

4 Comments:
clearly Martin is the smartest baby ever! Lucky you!
Yay...so exciting that you got to go for your first walk, Martin. Mom and I are SOOOOOO jealous of your flip-flop weather! It's STILL snowing up here in Boston. Mom took me for a quick walk in the snow last Friday afternoon, but it was COLD, and I was so bundled, I couldn't even see where we were going!
Hi Dod and Evelyn ...
Your baby is really cute ... congratulations !! We can't wait to see him !!
We also would like to see some pictures from the dad with his little son !!
Catch you later,
Melina, Lucia and Edgar.
ERIN!!!
I'm really sorry about my mistake!
Mom always says that I'm too forgetful.
Sorry again ...
Melina
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home